Blodgett Supply – Inside Sales Representative
Title: Inside Sales – PHVAC/R
Location: Williston, VT – Supports all Branches
Reports To: Williston Branch Manager
Position Category: Exempt
Blodgett Supply is looking for an energetic, positive and engaged individual to assist their trade and retail customers in selecting and purchasing plumbing, heating, cooling and refrigeration products as well as household appliances. In this role you will collaborate with branch management, purchasing and Blodgett Supply’s outside sales team. This position will manage inventory levels, handle incoming and outgoing sales calls and work closely with the branch team to provide excellent service to our customers while facilitating the daily operations of the store.
In order to succeed in this position one must possess an outgoing personality, have the ability to think on one's feet with an orientation to service and continuous improvement. Experience with plumbing & heating supplies and equipment is desirable but not required.
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner.
- Through blueprint reading and other sources provide accurate and timely estimates for PHVAC/R needs and supplies for new and existing residential and commercial businesses.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions.
- Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications.
- Answer phones directed to inside sales to support ongoing, timely and efficient customer service.
- Educate customers about features and benefits of products in order to improve related sales and customer satisfaction.
- Remain current on customer preferences by attending meetings, vendor training and trade shows or trade journals as pre-arranged with department manager.
- Provide commercial and technical support of PHVAC/R products company wide.
- Call on customers on as needed.
- Partner with customers to help them develop and grow their business.
- Maintain awareness of competitor activity.
- Work with inside sales and other branch personnel to meet customer needs.
- Present price, credit and terms in accordance with standard procedures and customers’ profitability profiles.
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns.
- Provide accurate information regarding availability of in-stock items and non-stocks.
- Obtain accurate information from vendors relating to shipment dates and expected date of delivery.
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed.
- Ensure the capture of competition pricing and positioning and communicate essential elements to the Sales Manager to ensure that Blodgett Supply responds to market changes quickly and effectively.
- Communicate current customer information to the Credit Manager to keep the customer maintenance file up to date.
- Ensure that all internal company communications, financial information, pricing information, plans and strategies are kept confidential.
- Communicate to the Purchasing Manager & Credit Manager new jobs and the status of existing jobs so we can manage our levels and demand of products and the customer’s A/R.
- Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints.
- Demonstrate the ability to tactfully handle difficult situations.
- Anticipate problems and provide contingency plans and recommendations.
- Understand and live the Corporate Values.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the team and company.
- Maintain proficiency in using PC programs, SHIMS system and other software and equipment introduced.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver superior customer service.
- Effective listening, communication, negotiation and excellent phone etiquette.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Technical expertise and knowledge of company products.
- Problem solving, analytical ability and ability to multi-task.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor.
- Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact.
- Manage time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people.
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques.
- Demonstrated success meeting sales goals and growing sales.
- Knowledge of logistics, shipping policies and procedures.
If you have interest we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this role in greater detail. Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter to Sourcing Specialist Samantha Hemingway at email@example.com. You may also email Sam using the link below.
Blodgett Supply is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Blodgett Supply and Talon RPO do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.