Brattleboro Retreat – Mental Health Worker
- Location: 1 Anna Marsh Ln, Brattleboro, VT 05302
- Per Diem, Part-time, and Full-Time Opportunities Available, All Shifts
What do Mental Health Workers Do?
Mental health workers at the Brattleboro Retreat help meet the needs of children,
adolescents and adults who have been hospitalized for mental health and addiction issues.
For example, you will:
- provide direct supervision and patient support
- engage patients in therapeutic activities
- organize and run group programs
Do you have a passion for helping people in need?
The desire to help people who are experiencing significant challenges with mental health and addictive disorders is an important part of being a mental health worker at the Brattleboro Retreat.
In short, you're a caring, patient person who is also:
- physically healthy
- able to be firm when you have to be
- Bachelor's degree in a human service related field (psychology, human services, etc.) with an emphasis on behavioral sciences OR high school diploma and preferably 2 years (minimum 1 year) related experience, preferably in a psychiatric setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to relate effectively with co-workers and all members of the treatment team.
- Must have valid driver's license without any record of motor vehicle violations or convictions limiting driving privileges.
- Competitive salaries
- Retirement Savings Plan - Tax Deferred Annuity 403(b); employer contribution and employer match
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Term Life & Whole Life Insurance
- Generous Earned Time and Leave Policies
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education
- 529 College Savings Plan
- On-site Child Care Center
- On-site Fitness Center