Brattleboro Retreat – Float Pool RN
- Location: 1 Anna Marsh Ln, Brattleboro, VT 05302
- Full Time, Day/Evening/Night Shifts Available
About the Position
RN's assigned to the Float Pool are responsible for fulfilling staffing needs on any of the Retreat's 7 inpatient programs, which are listed below:
- Child Psych
- Adolescent Psych
- Adult Psych
- Emerging Adult
- Adult Intensive
- LGBT Psych
- Co-Occurring Disorder/Dual Diagnosis
The Float Pool RN works with the multidisciplinary team to identify individual and group needs and interventions and will utilizes the nursing process to meet the needs of patients requiring complex nursing care.
- Assumes Charge Nurse responsibilities for a given shift.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, implement and evaluate patient/family care.
- Provides nursing care (including the administration of medication) to meet patients' needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of specimen collection, storage and delivery criteria for toxicology testing.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of a safe and therapeutic milieu in assigned care area.
- Adheres to and implements organizational and departmental policies and procedures as they pertain to work area.
- Demonstrates the ability to intervene in crisis situations:
- Assess the milieu, targets potential crisis situations and intervenes in a calm, supportive manner.
- Utilizes appropriate degree of verbal intervention, which contributes to crisis resolution.
- Demonstrates ability to physically intervene in crisis utilizing appropriate techniques.
- May lead a show of support, directing others in their roles.
- Appropriately documents the crisis situation
- Performs Constant Observations, 1:1's, and other Safety checks or other forms of patient safety procedures as assigned.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the multidisciplinary plan of care for assigned patients.
- Shares information appropriately with member of the multidisciplinary team and other hospital department representatives through verbal reports and written documentation.
- Identifies the need for and participates in the delivery of education to patients and families.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities within assigned area.
- Completes assigned work within the given shift.
- State of Vermont licensed registered nurse. Will accept applications prior to receipt of Vermont License.
- Preferred one year psychiatric nursing experience, or two years general nursing experience.
- Competitive salaries
- Retirement Savings Plan - Tax Deferred Annuity 403(b); employer contribution and employer match
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Term Life & Whole Life Insurance
- Generous Earned Time and Leave Policies
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education
- 529 College Savings Plan
- On-site Child Care Center
- On-site Fitness Center