Casella Construction – Surveyor and Field Engineer
- Corporate Office: 25 Industrial Lane, Mendon, Vermont
- Shift Information: Full-time, Day
- Reports to: Engineering Department Lead
Casella Construction Inc. is seeking a surveyor and field engineer experienced in heavy construction to provide engineering and professional support for large earthwork and site development projects.
If you value a safe and productive workplace, take pride in a job well done, enjoy spending your day outside and have experience laying pipe, you may be a great fit for our team.
- Use AutoCAD Civil 3D and Topcon 3D Office and Trimble Business Center to create job files on all CCI projects (surfaces, line work, and points files). Manage all of those files on CCI’s equipment (Rover and GPS Automated Equipment) and be accountable for accuracy and distribution of those files.
- Setup up and/or verify project control on all CCI projects.
- Perform survey and layout for construction activities on projects as needed using GPS and Total Stations.
- Collect and generate as-built information and drawings.
- Assist in interpret plans and specifications for field personnel.
- Measure quantities for take-offs and payment.
- Assist in setup and maintenance of fleet of five GPS equipment (assist in mobilizing and demobilizing of GPS equipment, setting up GPS base stations, calibration of dozers, import 3d surface files in the dozers, and provide technical support to the operators).
Potential for further career advancement is available for the right candidate and additional duties may include the following:
- Requesting quotes from vendors, reviewing quotes for accuracy, and any other task necessary for developing a complete proposal.
- Handle material submittals and shop drawings to ensure accuracy and compliance with project requirements.
- Assisting in developing bids and change order proposals throughout the year for additional work.
- Edit drawings and create 3D models for equipment automation.
- 3 years minimum of construction experience
- RTK GPS Experience
- Total Station Experience
- Self starter, professional, and motivated individual
- 2 year engineering degree or related experience in surveying and construction layout
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Microsoft Office experience
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Drivers License
- 401k with company match
- Health insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
About Casella Construction, Inc.
Casella Construction, Inc. is a leader among New England construction companies specializing in site development, heavy highway, environmental, demolition, utilities, aggregate, and transportation. Founded in 1987, Casella Construction is family owned and operated and currently has over 175 employees. Casella owns a large fleet of heavy equipment along with a number of tractors and trailers supporting our transportation division. From the beginning, safety, reliability integrity, predictability, dedication, quality, and innovation are all characteristics Casella Construction strives to be known for every day.
Casella Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.