Central Vermont Medical Center - Evening Team Leader
- Professional/Managerial, Full-time, 2nd Shift (2:30PM to 11:00PM)
- Berlin, Vermont
The Evening Team Leader will perform procedures in the laboratory and provide supervision of Hematology and Chemistry, Blood Bank, Microbiology and Phlebotomy. The Evening Team Leader is responsible for the operation, daily staffing management, training, continuing education and support of new technologists in their designated section. Knowledge of all instruments in each supervised section is required. The Team Lead will collect and submit quality control documentation and other specified data to the Administrative Director monthly. This position will communicate regularly with staff technologists and the Administrative Director.
This position is a first line managerial role that involves the evaluation, review, writing, revision, approval and signoff of various laboratory procedures. This position may also be required to write and review job positions pertaining to the laboratory. The successful candidate will have computer skills, the ability to troubleshoot procedural and instrumentation issues, and be able to handle delegated duties as assigned.
- Degree in Medical Technology and 3 years experience as a staff technologist.
- Certification in area of supervision is required within 2 years.
- 3 years of full-time experience required.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of staff members on the unit (Phlebotomy and staff technologists; 10-15 staff daily)
Physical Demand: (X) Light ( ) Moderate ( ) Heavy
- % of time Standing: 30%
- Sitting: 50%
- Bending: 10%
- Lifting: 10%
- Max. lbs. to be lifted: 30 lbs.