Creative MicroSystems Corporation - Product Engineer
- Location: 49 Fiddlers Green, Waitsfield, Vermont 05673
Creative Microsystems Corporation (CMC) is seeking a team member in a crucial position of Lead Product Engineer. The ideal candidate is someone with “prototype to production” experience in designing and building compact electronics products that incorporate a display in space-constrained form factors similar to what you might find in portable electronics or automotive displays. The immediate need is in support of an augmented reality and heads-up display product scheduled to be in production by 2020.
This pivotal role synthesizes years of research into a market-ready product. We are seeking motivated talent that attacks tough challenges of design and implementation with enthusiasm. We utilize both dynamic, multidisciplinary team environments as well as individual effort to create the next generation of technology in advanced personal displays. A strong portfolio of designs and prototypes through to commercial products will allow the CMC team to visualize how your contributions will fit into our current efforts for breakthrough products.
CMC is located in Waitsfield, Vermont, with a satellite office in Raleigh, North Carolina. This full-time position requires a minimum half-time commitment in Vermont with some travel through the year.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- M.S., or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Display Optical Systems Engineering
- Productization and commercialization experience including the market introduction phase
Optimal Job Experience:
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in product development, testing and manufacture
- Deep and focused development of compact electronic systems with integrated displays
- Prototype design, assembly and troubleshooting
- Miniaturization of products
- New process and product development in one or more of the following:
- Augmented Reality
- Advanced Vision Systems
- Heads-up displays
- Portable or wearable electronics with a display
- Flexible technical management on projects incorporating:
- Iterative prototype design and production management
- Manufacturing development
Desired Skills or Additional Interests:
- Fluid and agile problem-solving with ability to manifest complex concepts
- Complementary skills encompassing in-depth technological knowledge, management of multi-tiered processes and budgetary commercialization strategies
- Understanding of the display and portable wearable marketplace
- Supply chain management and utilization
About Creative MicroSystems Corporation:
CMC offers innovative product development solutions in facilities specifically geared toward the rapid creation and implementation of advanced technologies into products.
CMC is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. CMC and Talon RPO do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.