Location: Norwalk, Connecticut
Reports to: President
The Grasso Companies are expanding their private sector sitework and paving operations and have an immediate opening for an experienced Civil Estimator to join their team of professionals. The ideal candidate will have at least ten years previous experience in Civil Estimating and Project Management, be organized, motivated, detail-oriented and driven. Grasso is offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience. The is the perfect opportunity to build a career with a well-established and highly-successful Connecticut-based sitework and paving contractor.
Responsibilities include business development; management of the estimating and bidding process for private work in Connecticut, Westchester County, New York and Southern, Massachusetts; Project Management; liaison with Project Managers/Field staff on material buy-out once contracted; and maintaining bid files, contact lists and relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify current and upcoming project opportunities, market company services to new clients
- Evaluate markets and make recommendations to management team on trends and margins
- Establish project estimates, budgets and schedules
- Ability to perform, train and supervise quantity take offs from bid plans
- Manage the collection of material, equipment rental and subcontractor pricing
- Write accurate scopes of work, terms and conditions, exclusions and inclusions for bid proposals
- Review estimates and present to management
- Produce and present Project Bid Proposals to prospective clients
- Update labor and equipment bid rates, rental rates and monitor & apply changes in fuel costs
- Organize and maintain project bid files and estimating log
- Coordinate pre-construction meetings with staff and clients
- Make timely, cost effective decisions, visit projects sites and analyze work in progress
- Obtain subcontractor quotes, negotiate & write subcontracts if applicable
- Maintain positive relationships with staff, any subcontractors, vendors and clients
- Manage projects to ensure they are completed on-time, under budget and that quality meets or exceeds the defined scope of work.
- Support field with pricing and cost support (change orders or potential change orders)
- Support field with scope of work clarifications
- Expert knowledge of sitework and paving costs, materials, safety requirements, and construction means and methods
- General knowledge of building construction
- Knowledge of applicable construction codes
- Thorough knowledge of the applicable laws and ordinance regulating civil engineering and building construction
- Expert skills of reading and interpreting civil plans and specifications
- Expert verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use various essential computer applications
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Ten or more years as a civil estimator
- Familiarity with HCSS HeavyBid Estimating Software a plus (3-day training is provided)
ABOUT THE GRASSO COMPANIES:
Whether you need help with just one aspect of your project or are seeking an organization you can trust to oversee and execute the whole thing from start to finish, Grasso has everything it takes to provide the results you expect and deserve.
Grasso Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.