Location: Norwalk, Connecticut
Reports to: President
The Grasso Companies are expanding their private sector sitework and paving operations and have an immediate opening for an experienced Project Superintendent to join their team of professionals. The ideal candidate will have at least ten years of experience in sitework, excavation, utility and paving operations, be organized, motivated, detail-oriented and driven. Grasso is offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience. The is the perfect opportunity to build a career with a well-established and highly-successful Connecticut-based sitework and paving contractor.
Responsibilities include onsite management of Grasso projects throughout Connecticut, Westchester County, New York and Southern, Massachusetts. The Superintendent will be responsible for coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. The Superintendent will be responsible for on-site scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
On-site Project Management:
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely project completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Ensure that subcontractors are fully executing and complying with their contracted scope of work.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to the project team for resolution.
- Coordinate all on-site construction project activities and services across the construction team.
- Maintain compliance with State, Local, and Federal Codes, Regulations and Permits.
- Understand relevant construction techniques, means, and methods.
- Ability to work with and manage a large team of contractors and subcontractors seamlessly.
- Manage projects to ensure they are completed on-time, under budget and that quality meets or exceeds the defined scope of work.
- Expert knowledge of sitework, materials, safety requirements, and civil construction means and methods.
- General knowledge of building construction.
- Knowledge of applicable construction codes.
- Thorough knowledge of the applicable laws and ordinance regulating civil engineering and construction.
- Expert skills of reading and interpreting civil plans and specifications.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use various essential computer applications.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Ten or more years’ experience in civil construction, 4 years leadership experience.
ABOUT THE GRASSO COMPANIES:
The Grasso Companies offer comprehensive civil construction service and solutions for commercial and municipal customers. From site development and paving to complex excavations and everything in between, their team members have the know-how and experience to handle projects of every size and scope with skill and confidence.
Whether you need help with just one aspect of your project or are seeking an organization you can trust to oversee and execute the whole thing from start to finish, Grasso has everything it takes to provide the results you expect and deserve.
Grasso Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer