Greensea Systems, Inc. - Software Developer, User Interface
Benefits Offered: Greensea's benefits were designed — and continue to evolve — around their employees, who have families, hobbies, and adventures. On top of flexible schedules and paid holidays they offer 100% paid comprehensive healthcare and a minimum of three week's vacation.
Employment type: Full-Time
Location: Richmond, Vermont
Greensea currently seeks a dynamic top performer for a fast-paced technical environment. You'll work on projects such as a new diver propulsion device, sonar data processing systems, or a hybrid remotely operated vehicle going to the bottom of the ocean. If you are excited to solve really hard problems, dedicated to 'getting it done', and confident enough to work alongside the best of the best, then we'd like to talk to you.
The software developer designs, develops, tests, and integrates embedded software applications and graphical user interfaces for UUV software systems. The successful candidate is a critical member of the multidisciplinary engineering team involved with all aspects of control system development for remotely operated and autonomous UUVs. The software developer leads module-level design and development tasks with no supervision, conducts QA/QC testing at all phases of integration, and assists with system-level assembly, testing, and verification. This position reports to a senior engineer.
- Participate as a multidisciplinary engineering team member
- Design, develop, test, and integrate graphical cross-platform user interface applications
- Design, develop, test, and integrate embedded Linux applications
- Maintain software documentation and assist in the development of user documentation
- Support legacy software applications
- Participate in field testing
- Interface with electrical engineers, control engineers, web engineers, and mechanical engineers
- Support and train customers
- Work within Greensea's configuration management system
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Physics, Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or similar field
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience in C++, must be recent experience
- Proficiency in C++ programming language
- Proficiency with several development tool chains and Integrated Development Environments (IDEs)
- Familiarity with basic electronics
- Proficiency using both Linux and Windows operating systems and familiarity with embedded systems
- Familiarity with implementing communication protocols such as RS232, RS485, TCP/IP, UDP, and CAN
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com as PDF documents. You must be eligible to work in the United States. Greensea Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
About Greensea Systems, Inc.
Greensea is a world leader in navigation and control technology for marine robotics. They develop software and hardware revolutionizing the working relationship between people and machines on and under the sea. Greensea's technology gives robotic systems the intelligence to work autonomously and operators the tools to effectively communicate with them. Greensea's business includes commercial navigation and control products, research and development, and large custom developments for some of the most demanding and spectacular projects done beneath the ocean. They are known for their innovative and powerful technology – and the people behind it.