The Institute of Professional Practice – Controller
- Location: P.O. Box 1249, Montpelier, VT 05601
- Full Time, Day Shift
You will be responsible for the accounting systems of IPPI, including; the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of the general ledger system, and adherence to a comprehensive set of accounting controls. The ability to form positive relationships with the CFO and other executives is essential to the preparation and design of the IPPI annual budgets, and preparing State specific filings. The successful candidate should be familiar with, generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory filings. Work is to be performed in an accurate, timely, and professional manner.
- Maintain IPPI general ledger
- Maintain subsystems that feed the general ledger including; depreciation modules, and allocation programs
- Partner with accounts payable and accounts receivable processing to ensure an efficient and smooth integration of data
- Review Coding & maintain proper allocations to cost centers
- Lead payroll department, reviewing postings, processing of tax and other filings, ensuring compliance with State laws
- Build detail reports for internal use, including custom reporting to meet operational needs
- Prepare and/or oversee others’ preparations of required State filings
- Work with CFO on audit planning and preparation of work papers
- Maintain detail record of fixed assets and the associated depreciation ensuring detail ties to the general ledger
- Prepare and/or handle account reconciliations
- Assist CFO and State Directors in budget preparation and forecasts
- Prepare monthly financial reports such as budget to actual performance and financial activity by program
- Work with CFO to develop other specific reports as requested
- Perform analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accounting accuracy
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls
- Work with States and CFO to respond to State regulators
- Serve as financial resource to others for planning
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of general accounting principles and procedures; ability to compile, analyze and interpret financial data; strong social and teamwork skills required; proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word; detail oriented; strong analytical, organization and time management skills; strong verbal and written interpersonal skills; ability to delegate and oversee effectively.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an accounting role including previous controller responsibilities
- Experience with Great Plains software a plus
- Management experience preferred
- Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in accounting. CPA and/or advanced degree preferred.
We'd love to hear from you! Please send a letter of interest and resume to Sourcing Specialist Nancy Burzon using the link below.
IPPI is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. IPPI and Talon RPO do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.