Liquid Measurement Systems: Sr. Project Engineer
- Professional, Full-time, 1st Shift
- Georgia, Vermont
The Project Engineer facilitates the technical aspects of a project and coordinates its associated technical tasks with the assigned engineering staff and other project team members. The Project Engineer also directly assists the assigned engineers in the completion of the projects technical requirements and tasks through the design, development, test, qualification and production release phases of product development.
- Project Engineers can come from the Electrical, Mechanical, Software, or Systems engineering disciplines.
- The Sr. Project Engineer should have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, with specific experience in the development and qualification of aerospace and defense products.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains project data base to track program performance metrics (cost, schedule, risk, etc…).
- Familiarity and understanding of FAA and DOD certification requirements and process, including D)178, DO-254, DO160, Mil-Std 481 and Mil-Std 810. Specific experience in certification of products under the TSO process is desired.
- Perform activities in a wide variety of cross-functional areas including design engineering, materials development, process development, and supplier development.
- Independently plans and supports the design and development of advanced composite products in a fast paced and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Interface with shop floor personnel for the purpose of communicating technical, quality, and inspection information.
- Ability to write process documentation that is understandable for those with limited technical background.
- Familiarity with ASTM/ANSI test standards.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and basic understanding of GD&T.
- Prepares or directs preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned projects.
- Must understand fundamentals of Root Cause Analysis.
- Performance of the above is on an experienced basis, dealing with technical problems of moderate scope and with minimal supervision while occasionally providing guidance.
- Participates in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work.
- Prepare test plans, analyze test data, and prepare reports to support project activity, and maintain up-to-date records of project test results.
- Demonstrated ability to make difficult determinations regarding the quality, safety, and compliance of products and materials.
- Perform other duties as required.