Lone Star Reel, Inc. - HR Generalist
- Location: McKinney/Bonham, Texas
- Schedule: Full-Time
Lone Star Reel Inc, a leading manufacturer of packaging solutions for the wire and cable industry, seeks an experienced Human Resources Generalist to join their team.
This position is responsible for all human resources functions associated with Lone Star Reel's 150 employees and two manufacturing plants located in McKinney and Bonham, TX. The Human Resources Generalist will have broad knowledge in all areas of human resources, including recruitment, onboarding and retention, benefits administration, workplace safety, employee relations, training, performance management, policy implementation, and employment law compliance.
- Provide HR support to employees and management and deliver programs to meet organizational needs.
- Conduct recruitment efforts, applicant screening and interviewing for all staffing needs.
- Process all employment paperwork, along with new hire, benefit and safety orientations, and onboarding procedures.
- Maintain employee records, including timekeeping and attendance occurrences, and correspond with Corporate HR/payroll to ensure data is updated timely and accurately.
- Process and manage worker’s compensation claims, benefit claims, or leaves of absence according to company policy and designation of any applicable leave benefits/laws.
- Track, maintain, and deliver safety training as needed and coordinate initiatives to foster a safety culture.
- Assist management with employee relations, performance development/improvement programs, and compensation plans.
- Collaborate with management team on a variety of topics to optimize employee engagement, team development, and organizational effectiveness.
- Implement company handbook policies and provide education and coaching to employees and management as needed.
- Member of and facilitation of employee committees, such as safety.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent education/experience preferred.
- Previous administrative, HR/safety experience, in a manufacturing environment.
- HR certification (PHR and/or SHRM-CP) a plus.
The successful candidate will possess strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills. A customer service orientation is essential, along with the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively. Proficiency in using Microsoft programs including Excel, Word and PowerPoint is needed. Bilingual in Spanish is a must.