Employment type: Full-Time (Remote)
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Vice President - Sales
- West of the Mississippi
- San Francisco, California
Mamava is a women-owned, B Certified corporation based in Burlington, Vermont. Empathetic to today’s culture of breastfeeding, Mamava helps women meet their breastfeeding goals by providing places to pump or breastfeed, a mobile-friendly platform, a network of community support, and valuable educational content.
Mamava seeks to do this in a collaborative, fun, and open-hearted work environment where every person’s individual talents and experiences contribute to their success, and where that success is shared by every person.
What drives Mamava is our belief that breastfeeding is a beautiful and natural function of motherhood and that all mothers should feel supported throughout their journey, from home to work and beyond. One of Mamava’s business mantras is: "How mothers feed their children is their business. Providing a private, comfortable, clean, and serene place to pump or breastfeed is ours."
The Sales Account Executive (SAE) position requires a highly targeted, consultative sales approach to grow the Mamava footprint in the geographic West. The SAE will be responsible for attaining a sales quota for a targeted set of accounts in a defined territory.
The ideal candidate is a sales professional who has experience selling new and innovative products in the academic sector. The SAE will report directly to the Executive Vice President, Sales and be required to work cooperatively at all levels within the organization.
The Mamava culture is one in which smart, dynamic, driven and vibrant individuals thrive.
- Sales Execution:
- Manage the lead-generation to close sales process to achieve or exceed defined quarterly and annual quota targets for Mamava pod sales.
- Sales Management:
- Manage all aspects of assigned accounts within the account portfolio, including but not limited to opportunity identification, pre-sales planning, deal execution and assurance of post-sale installation customer satisfaction.
- Make outbound calls and conduct in-person meetings with clients to identify, qualify, educate and close opportunities.
- Assume the lead role in preparation and delivery of all client presentations both virtually and in-person.
- Create and maintain sales pipeline to support quota. Support management with accurate & timely forecasting while maintaining all account information in HubSpot (Mamava’s CRM).
- Business Planning:
- Develop and maintain strategic account plans to identify and monitor major opportunities. Plans include but are not limited to: assessment of current state of account; key decision makers; overall budget; funding sources; issues or pain points; opportunity for new product and service offerings and action plan to optimize spend potential throughout the assigned account.
- Research, recommend and own the execution of key industry trade-shows to participate in that will support new business development at Mamava.
- Share information with sales leadership team regarding business issues and industry information that will help in the development of market-specific action plans and strategies.
- Relationship Development:
- Further develop existing relationships and establish new business relationships within target client organizations, including C-level executives.
- Identify key executives within the client organization by position and by name with the goal of a specified number of face-to-face meetings with various levels of the client organization to include the key decision makers by specific dates with the goal of closing profitable sales.
- Work with the Mamava Customer Care team and our Manufacturer to ensure a high level of post-sales satisfaction and facilitation of long-term relationships for account retention, expansion business and to ultimately serve as a reference.
- You will provide the voice of the customer gathering prospect and client feedback to drive ongoing product innovation, field-level competitive intelligence, trends and success stories.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S) or equivalent combined education and experience.
- A minimum of 2+ years of proven sales experience required.
- Proven history of consistently meeting or exceeding quota.
- Ability to comprehend, develop and effectively execute business plans, account portfolio management and opportunity analysis.
- Experience managing existing relationships and generating new sales through multiple levels of prospecting within named accounts.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business & legal documentation (legislation, contracts, terms & conditions, etc.).
- Exceptional oral, written and presentation skills, with the ability to present to senior executives and employ complex solution selling techniques.
- Working knowledge of Mac programs (Keynote & Pages) as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Enthusiasm, creativity and a desire to always be learning.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, leadership skills and ability to be a positive and proactive team player at all levels of the organization.
- High degree of discipline, maturity, professionalism, and integrity.
- Sound negotiation, judgment, and decision-making.
- Competitive Salary plus Commission & Annual Bonus
- Stock options
- Parental Leave
- Health, Dental, Vision
- 20 days paid time off (includes vacation, personal, and sick days) + New Years, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the Friday after, and December 25-January 1.
About Mamava’s Hiring Process:
Mamava believes in talent and diversity and that each person brings his or her own gift for the revolution. Diverse backgrounds, experiences, education, thought patterns and styles makes the business stronger. Mamava celebrates differences and uses them to guide the design process and support business decisions. Mamava is committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.