New Garden International - Administrative Assistant/Project Coordinator
Does the idea of joining a start-up in Vermont excite you?
Under the direct supervision of the President and/or Executive Assistant, this administrative assistant and project coordinator role will provide administrative and clerical support for the all New Garden International business units. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, you will perform duties such as coordination of meetings and travel, obtaining supplies, and working on special projects as assigned. As a business start-up, you will wear many hats and chip in to collect mail, execute routine errands, and look after a diverse group of important external callers and visitors. With your support, we will plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload and build out office practices and procedures to support a growing business.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- You will schedule and organize complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and other activities for all members of the organization.
- You will establish, develop, maintain and update the filing system. We will call upon you to retrieve information from files when needed.
- You will organize and prioritize incoming information and calls.
- You will sort and distribute mail and draft written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary under the direction of President or Executive Assistant.
- You will answer phones, take messages and handle routine questions.
- We expect you to work independently and effectively with a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- You will type and design general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. You will proofread copy for spelling, grammar and layout, and make appropriate changes as needed.
- Technical Capacity.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Teamwork Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Self-motivated Independent Worker.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc. New Garden International is a start-up company that requires a flexible, high-energy and self-motivated individual to help grow the business.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, you will also be lifting files, opening filing cabinets and bending or standing as necessary.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The office is currently located in Stowe, VT. The company expects to relocate to a new office space within Chittenden County in the next 1-2 years.
You will not be required to travel beyond the office for this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree.
- Two years of related experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- You will be required to pass a pre-employment physical exam and drug test. All job offers will be contingent on the results of these tests.
New Garden International is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. New Garden International and Talon RPO do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.