New Garden International - Office Assistant
- Location: 645 South Main Street, Stowe, Vermont 05672
- Full Time; 9AM-5PM Monday through Friday
Office Assistant Overview:
Under the direct supervision of the President and/or Chairman, this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the all New Garden International business units. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling performs duties such as coordination of meetings, travel, obtaining supplies, coordinating miscellaneous communication, and working on special projects as assigned. Collects mail, executes routine errands, etc. Also, answers routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and other activities for all members of the organization.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Organizes and prioritizes incoming information and calls.
- Sorts and distributes mail. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary under the direction of President or Executive Assistant. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information
- Answers phones and takes messages or fields/answers all routine questions.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes.
- Technical Capacity.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma.
- One year of administrative experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree.
- Two years of related experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.