Northwestern Medical Center - Director of Lifestyle Medicine
- Location: 133 Fairfield Street, St. Albans, Vermont 05478
- Full Time Day Shift (40 Hours/Week); 7AM - 5PM
The Director of Lifestyle Medicine & Rise VT (www.riseVT.com) collaboratively establishes the vision and strategic direction for primary and secondary prevention to improve the health of northwestern Vermont. The Director translates this vision and direction into a strategic plan and operating plan for Lifestyle Medicine and Rise VT. The Director oversees the Rise VT Project Manager who implements that section of the plan to engage the community in embracing healthy lifestyles. The Director leads the Lifestyle Medicine Clinic, growing those clinical services in secondary prevention as an extension of primary care. The Director directs corporate wellness offerings in client companies (including NMC's Healthy U program) to engage more employers in worksite wellness to improve their workforce health. The Director works in partnership with the Medical Director of Lifestyle Medicine & Rise VT and leads the multi-disciplinary Lifestyle Medicine team. The Director is responsible for planning, budgeting, management of staff, utilization of resources, measurement of outcomes, reporting of results, compliance with regulatory standards, and other initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Wellness, Public Health, Health Education, Health Administration, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in strategic program development and innovative thinking are key to success.
- Experience in the management of wellness and lifestyle modification programs required.
- Experience in staff supervision, program development, program budgeting, program marketing, and program evaluation is required.
- The Director must have excellent interpersonal skills to foster and manage relationships both internally and externally to the organization.
- The Director must be comfortable with sales, public speaking, business planning, and outcome measurement. Familiarity with the socio-ecological model, behavior change models and motivational interviewing preferred.
- The Director prefers a culture of change and is comfortable leading change through many influences both internally and externally.
Northwestern Medical Center's Benefit Package:
With "people" as one of our core values, our employees are a top priority for Northwestern Medical Center. We care about our employees, their families, and their overall health & well-being. We are proud to offer a comprehensive & generous benefits package designed to help our people stay healthy, balance work & life responsibilities, protect their assets & plan for a secure financial future.
NMC offers a comprehensive benefit package with recognized national carriers including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts
- Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Assistance Programs
- Retirement savings with company match
- Wellness Benefits including a gym membership for our employees and their spouse
To learn more about Northwestern Medical Center, please visit www.northwesternmedicalcenter.org.