Dot Foods in Bullhead City, AZ. Winner of the Design-Build Institute of America’s Project of the Year for the Southeast region and Best Industrial Process Project.
Primus Design Services – Architect
Location: 8294 Hwy. 92 / Suite 210, Woodstock, GA
Manager: Tammi Bailey, Vice President of Design
Primus is the premier provider of design and construction services in the cold storage, manufacturing and sterilization industries. Our clients achieve new levels of success because of our innovative thinking, collaborative approach and our grit. You can see it in our results and feel it when you work with us.
Architects come up with the solutions that best meet our client’s business goals. They take ownership of a project and manage its technical, financial, and scheduling status from inception through completion. The architect works closely with the design, pre-construction, business development, and construction teams to determine Architectural and Engineering needs as the projects moves through programming, detailed design, construction, and startup.
- Manage the project program from project award to final certificate of occupancy.
- Preliminary conceptual site and building planning.
- Coordinate multiple disciplines with both in-house engineering team and out of house consultants.
- Meet with clients to establish programming needs of the project.
- Coordinate with internal Pre-Construction and Construction teams to ensure compliance with scope, budget and schedule throughout the project.
- Facilitate design review meetings with clients to ensure client needs are met.
- Perform building code analysis and meet with building officials as necessary to obtain building permits.
- Participate in the creation of construction documents using Revit.
- Construction administration including submittal review and monthly site visits to monitor progress and quality.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and Construction Superintendent to develop solutions to issues identified in the field.
- Manage project production and manpower needs to maximize economic success.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors or Masters of Architecture
- Professional registration, or on a career path for same.
- Highly self-motivated and willingness to work collaboratively.
- Ability to meet schedules and work closely with construction management team.
- Ability to prioritize work on multiple projects at once.
- Minimum 7 - 10 years design and construction document experience.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD preferred
- LEED-AP credentials, or on path for same is preferred
- Experience with Design/Build delivery method preferred
- 3 - 5 years managing the Architectural process from beginning to end.
- Paid Time Off and Personal Days
- A 401k Program that offers an aggressive company match
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Group Life Insurance
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Wages
- Casual Dress Code
Core Company Values:
- We strive for perfection to deliver the best possible outcome. “Good enough” is not good enough.
- We’re in the business of building relationships, both internal and external. We need to learn about our customer’s needs, we need to meet and engage their people, we need to understand their business, and we need to deliver.
- Employees are our most valuable resource. Employees are family. We promote employee growth, both professionally and personally.
- We work together between departments as a team, while also increasing our effectiveness to both internal and external clients.
- We take ownership and do what we know is right, even if it’s the hard thing to do.
Primus does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which they operate.