Location: Expected projects near the VT/NH I-91 Corridor
Reports to: Direct to Project Manager/Dotted line to CEO
The Field Superintendent is responsible for the overall on-site management of the construction project, including the planning, coordination, and supervision of all contractor and subcontractor personnel on site. Must have at least 10 years of construction experience.
- Project safety and quality goals are met.
- Projects are completed on-time and under-budget.
- Owners, architects, and other stakeholders are satisfied with the project.
- Lead by example. Always model safe work practices, including wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ensure on-site activities are carried out in strict accordance with all safety policies and regulations.
- Enforce the site-specific safety plan.
- Monitor subcontractors and enforce compliance with RCS safety policies, VOSHA, OSHA and other safety regulations.
- Ensure OSHA inspections are conducted properly and in accordance with company policies.
- Conduct weekly safety meetings and safety audits.
- Maintain a clean and neat job site, job trailer and company vehicle.
- Quality Control:
- Ensure that all work conforms to the plans and specifications.
- Establish and maintain an on-site QA/QC program.
- Maintain compliance with State, Local, and Federal Codes, Regulations and Permits.
- Inspect work for compliance to the plans, specifications, RFI's, approved submittals and all other revisions.
- Manage punch list completion.
- Essential Functions:
- Submit daily field reports on a weekly basis.
- Communicate field decisions to all affected parties.
- Communicate with the design team, engineering professionals, and owner's representative on an ongoing basis.
- Review and fully understand the project budget and estimate.
- Assist project manager with the buyout of materials and quantities.
- Schedule and plan the work. Assist in the preparation of the CPM schedule and prepare and update the 3-week look-ahead schedule.
- Determine manpower levels and projections.
- Determine equipment requirements and maintain tool rental management.
- Develop a project material handling plan.
- Review the submittal list and delivery schedules.
- Communicate approved changes to all affected parties.
- Understand construction techniques, means, and methods.
- Understand the principles of surveying and layout.
- Understand construction law.
- Review and understand Subcontractor and Vendor scopes of work.
- Plan and conduct weekly Subcontractor coordination meetings.
- Attend and participate in Owner meetings.
- Ensure that a qualified company representative is on-site during any work activity.
Skills and Experience:
- A degree in Construction Management, an Engineering degree or the equivalent combination of technical training and/or field experience.
- Three years of supervisory experience in the construction industry.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Ability to think and plan ahead.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Willingness to travel.
About Russell Construction Services:
Russell Construction Services has over eight decades of experience in building, restoring, and renovating Vermont and its surrounding areas. They provide general construction, design/build, construction management and special facilities maintenance services. RCS has an unflinching commitment to providing exemplary quality and service, and they empower every member of their team to live up to the mission of “Doing Things Right.” More information on the history of the company is available by clicking here.