Select – Director of Finance
- Location: 208 Flynn Ave #1A, Burlington, VT 05401
- Reports To: The Director of Finance will report to the President of Select Design.
Select is seeking a Director of Finance to join their fast paced, progressive team. Started by two University of Vermont alums, this 30-year old company designs and produces quality, attractive merchandise to bridge the gap between product and consumer. The company has grown to offer a variety of services including marketing and brand strategy for some of the nation’s leading companies – Google, Facebook, Tinder, Snapchat – and Vermont’s hottest brands including Phish, Ben and Jerry’s, Citizen Cider and Lawson’s Finest Liquids, the home of the famous Sip of Sunshine IPA.
The Director of Finance is responsible for overall financial health of the business, leading budget management, financial reporting, financial planning and forecasting, managing cash flow, overseeing logistics and directing all general financial activities for the company.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee daily sales order transactions and partnership deals with fluid guidance on individual deal viability balanced with long-term business unit trajectories.
- Supervise employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, budgeting duties, IT, and logistics.
- Coordinate and direct the cash flow management of Select, including financial planning, budgeting, procurement, or investment activities of the organization.
- Work with business units to establish goals/targets for gross profit margins.
- Partner with President on annual financial plans and operating FY budgets.
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for such areas as budget administration, gross margin management, cash and credit management, and general accounting.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Lead and oversee annual reporting on both client and business unit activity.
- Maintain current knowledge of marketing field, including competitive landscape, emerging trends and overall state of the industry.
- Finance and accounting software.
- Database user interface, including custom ERP platforms.
- Microsoft Office suite with specific expertise in Excel.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principle and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Cultural Fit: Excel in a fast-paced, fluid, creative environment. Thrive as a financial thought leader as part of the leadership team. Comfortable in a high energy, collaborative work environment.
- 5 - 10 years’ experience financial management, in positions such as Controller or Financial Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA and/or MBA preferred but not required.
- Critical thinking, judgment and decision making, complex problem solving, strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Vermont office-based position with very occasional travel. Work hours Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Select is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Select and Talon RPO do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.