Select – Logistics Lead
- Location: 208 Flynn Ave #1A, Burlington, VT 05401
Select is seeking a Logistics Lead to join their fast-paced marketing team. Started by two University of Vermont alums, this 30-year old company designs and produces quality, attractive merchandise to bridge the gap between product and consumer. The company has grown to offer a variety of services including marketing and brand strategy for some of the nation’s leading companies – Google, Facebook, Tinder, Snapchat – and Vermont’s hottest brands including Phish, Ben and Jerry’s, Citizen Cider and Lawson’s Finest Liquids, the home of the famous Sip of Sunshine IPA.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems and processes, including sales, order management, accounting, customer satisfaction.
- Develop and manage relationships with forwarders, 3PL’s, couriers and carriers, understanding and using the niche capabilities of each partner.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Coordinate international and domestic shipments on approximately 5,000 orders per year.
- Negotiate and set up carrier agreements for maximum competitiveness. Maintain current information on new transportation services, carriers, technologies and players in the industry.
- Verify accuracy of shipping documentation, keep delivery documentation, provide necessary documentation to accounting for invoicing.
- Find inefficiencies in current processes and develop improvements to processes and procedures.
- Build a knowledge base of current global and domestic trends, events, issues, and regulations, including impact of trade agreements, tariff rates, strikes and/or weather-related issues.
- Technical capacity
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Communication proficiency
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and an independent worker
- Complex problem solving
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8 am – 6 pm
- This position requires minimal travel – a possibility of 1-5 times per year.
Education and Experience:
- College Degree, Business or Distribution Management preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in logistics or distribution management; on the job training.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office products.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Select is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Select and Talon RPO do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.