Select – Mac Operations Administrator
- Location: 208 Flynn Ave #1A, Burlington, VT 05401
- Reports to: Systems Administrator
Select Design is seeking a motivated and talented IT professional to operate and maintain a fleet of about 85 Mac workstations in an entrepreneurial environment. Day-to-day operations for the Mac-Ops Administrator will include testing and deploying software and patches, provisioning of new users, monitoring of fleet health, authoring of documentation, and resolution of level 1 Help desk requests. In addition to daily operations, the Mac-Ops Administrator will be expected to develop, document, and improve the processes and tools through which the fleet is managed. An attention to detail and holistic view of the organization will guide the research and testing of new solutions and tools to align with business goals in an entrepreneurial setting. A special emphasis is placed on solutions that utilize automation and are scalable and flexible in design. While experience with tools such as Munki, AutoPkg, Centrify, and Deploystudio is a plus, the position is also accessible to a candidate with relevant Linux/UNIX administration experience. Beyond technical skills, the ideal candidate will be adept at creative and fluid problem solving to meet the needs of a creative and fluid business. An attention to detail and curious attitude will help the Mac Ops Administrator see the big picture and understand IT as a service and influencing force within the business.
- Deploy, license, and patch desktop software across the workstation fleet.
- Maintenance of user accounts and permissions through Active Directory and Centrify.
- Track, resolve, and escalate user Helpdesk requests through a ticketing system.
- Use business goals and feedback from users to refine and improve the desktop experience.
- IT asset lifecycle tasks including purchasing and e-waste management.
- Provide and monitoring and reporting tools to allow manager insight into the health of the workstation environment.
- Image, deploy, and recover user workstations. Provision and maintain user accounts across various systems and services.
- Management of company-owned and BYOD devices through Centrify Cloud MDM.
- Contribute to drafting and enforcing IT and workstation-specific policies.
- Audit existing workstation administration processes to refine, automate, and codify.
- Authoring of usage documentation for end users in a knowledge base.
- BS in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- 2+ years experience with Linux/UNIX/Mac administration.
- 2+ years customer service or help desk experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent command line skills including BASH, Python, or PHP scripting proficiency.
- Some exposure to Windows Administration including Active Directory/LDAP and SMB sharing.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting.
- Practical or classroom experience in Change Management and/or Organizational Behavior is a plus.
- Experience with Mac software packaging is a plus.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
The Mac-Ops Administrator position is salaried. Compensation will be dependent on the candidate’s level of experience. Benefits include medical and dental, 401k with profit sharing, ski and ride discount passes, and an exceptional work environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Select is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Select and Talon RPO do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply:
Email your resume and contact information to email@example.com with the position title in the title line. Include a brief cover letter if your experience and qualifications require further illustration.