Select – Purchasing Lead
- Location: 208 Flynn Ave #1A, Burlington, VT 05401
- Reports to: VP Product
Select is seeking a Purchasing Lead to join their fast-paced production team. This position will touch roughly 10 to 20 purchase orders a day to help secure a wide variety of apparel, promotional goods, and materials for Select clients. These items are procured through the use of purchasing best practices to ensure acceptable levels of quality, cost, and timeliness of delivery. The purchasing lead will work with outside vendors, transportation carriers, sales/marketing, customer service, and operations to ensure finished products meet Select’s customer requirements.
This 30-year old company designs and produces strategic solutions, content and collateral to bridge the gap between brand and consumer. The company has grown to offer a variety of services for some of the nation’s leading companies – Google, Facebook, Pepsi, Gallo, Ben & Jerry’s and Seventh Generation.
Essential Knowledge and Functions:
- Prepare purchase orders and process them through a varied array of vendor portals.
- Coordinate internally with all relevant internal departments to ensure goods arrive within their expected window and budget.
- Compare suppliers' bills with quotes and purchase orders to verify accuracy.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Reconcile order discrepancies quickly and efficiently.
- Develop constructive and collaborative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Represent Select in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Complete data entry tasks efficiently, accurately and consistently.
- Demonstrate product awareness within a variety of CPG industries and categories.
- Critical thinking
- Hard working and dedicated
- Strong work ethic and motivation
- Ability to manage a multitude of tasks simultaneously
- Perform well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Dependability and willingness to work until the job is done
- Relationship management
- Customer service skills
- High stress tolerance
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Effective leadership and teamwork skills
- Strong communication skills
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. The workload associated with this role can be unpredictable. The Purchasing Lead may need to work extended hours on an as-needed basis.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of related experience a plus.
- Prior sales experience a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Select is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Select and Talon RPO do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply:
Email your resume and contact information to email@example.com with the position title in the title line. Include a brief cover letter if your experience and qualifications require further illustration.