Shawmut Design and Construction - Director of Business Development
- Location: 224 N. Desplaines Avenue, Chicago, IL 60601, Prime Location in Fulton Market!
- Full Time
Director of Business Development - Chicago Overview:
Shawmut is seeking an experienced business development and sales professional who has 5-10 years of business development and sales experience in the construction industry with established relationships in the Chicago market. This position supports the business development and client relationship management activities for Shawmut’s Luxury & Specialty Retail group. The overall goal is to support business strategy through client pipeline generation in order to meet sales and profit targets.
This position will work closely with the Director, Chicago Office and senior leadership to implement winning strategies for acquiring highly desirable work opportunities in the Chicago area market. With creativity, energy and a commitment to Shawmut’s valued client and industry partners, this position will drive business programs that lead to the expansion of repeat and new client work in Chicago, accelerating and strengthening our pipeline.
Shawmut Corporate Strategy, Goals, and Culture:
In all leadership efforts on behalf of Shawmut, this position will unwaveringly reflect the culture and philosophy of a 100% employee-owned company and highly motivated team of professionals and will serve as a trusted advisor and resource to executive leadership team members in keeping with Shawmut’s core strategic pillars – game-changing industry innovation, talent-driven organization and world-class client service.
- Manage and expand existing network of clients, key industry influencers and organizations to generate pipeline opportunities to meet annual revenue goals and position Shawmut in the Chicago marketplace.
- Generate leads and market activity to position Shawmut for strategic opportunities in the luxury and specialty sectors of the retail industry.
- Research target markets as part of the development and implementation of an overall marketing plan
- Participate fully in the development, implementation and achievement of the annual sales strategy including specific initiatives
- Implement strategic initiatives to advance business development function within markets of focus and achieve sales goals
- Integrate business development activities with other non-Retail Groups (Hospitality, Residential, Academic)
- Participate in the development of the proposal and marketing materials to enhance efficiency of the proposal process and the quality of finished products, and to contribute to annual sales
- Develop and maintain strategic design, client, and owner's representative relationships in line with the Group's strategic goals
- Must have an established network of existing partners and contacts in the Chicago area related to construction/construction management, commercial real estate, and architecture/engineering
- Required 5+ years of proven business development results leading to sales closings in a construction services setting
- Demonstrated performance delivering results in a commission or performance -based compensation program
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong communication abilities, including advanced presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Power-Point
- Must manage data and information accurately and timely using Sales Management Database
- Must reside in the Chicago area and have the ability to travel
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required
- Multilingual a plus
About Shawmut Design and Construction
Shawmut Design and Construction is a national construction management firm with offices in Boston, New York, Providence, Las Vegas, New Haven, Los Angeles, Chicago and West Springfield that builds exciting projects from coast-to-coast. Shawmut's main objective is delivering exceptional, personalized service to their clients. They accomplish this by truly listening to their client's goals and concerns as well as implementing comprehensive tools and services.
Shawmut's unique business model allows their project teams to better service their clients by focusing their specialized expertise within one of the following areas: academic, commercial, corporate interiors, cultural and historic preservation, healthcare and life sciences, hotels, gaming, restaurants, retail, spas and health clubs, and sports venues. This approach also has allowed them to diversify as a company, attract the best people, and cultivate a team of expert project executives, project managers, superintendents, and estimators.
Shawmut is 100% employee-owned which means each and every employee has a vested interest in the success of the company. It also means employees get to reap the financial benefits of being a part owner through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).