Shawmut Design and Construction - Project Manager (Hospitality)
- Location: 11390 West Olympic Boulevard, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90064
- Full Time
Project Manager (Hospitality) - Los Angeles Overview:
Shawmut’s primary objective is to deliver exceptional service catered to their clients’ specific goals and concerns. Their project teams deliver top quality work through a hands-on, collaborative process while keeping their clients’ best interests in absolute focus at all times. With specialized training and the support of a national company, Shawmut fosters project teams whose skill and dedication leads to deliberate, predictable and repeatable construction experiences that have attracted and retained the top clients in every market in which they focus. The most memorable construction experiences are based on one principle —it’s the people who make the difference. At Shawmut, they have the very best.
Shawmut is looking for a Project Manager to join their Hospitality Group. Project Managers have project ownership from start to finish, and because they own the project, they are responsible for the outcome. Shawmut provides their Project Managers with specialized training and development tools that allow them to be the best at running projects, collaborating with clients and developing professionally. We seek Project Managers that stand above and beyond their peers and can appreciate the exquisite quality of the Shawmut process and the great end product.
- Ensuring a schedule is in place during project set up and sub-bidding that reflects the project strategy and is sufficient for estimating and subcontractor purchasing selection.
- Developing a purchasing schedule and strategy to anticipate, address and resolve purchasing challenges during the early stages of pre-construction.
- Executing each project phase including pre-construction, construction, closeout and post-construction services.
- Collaborating with Estimating and Purchasing in set up of projects to insure profitability, client satisfaction and the best subcontractors for the job.
- Working in partnership with the Project Superintendent to maintain an updated and accurate project schedule.
- Thorough completion of all financial data with an eye to quickly identify potential/existing issues that could lead to subpar financial performance.
- Effectively administering the requisitioning and collections process to ensure timely payments.
- Establishing annual performance goals for assigned staff and conducting timely and meaningful verbal and written performance evaluations.
- Maintaining and developing relationships to reinforce a commitment to world class customer service across the board: including co-workers, clients, subcontractors, vendors, and the design community.
- Promoting positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors and continually instilling this philosophy in the project team at all times.
- Communicating effectively with field team members as well as keep them active in decision-making.
- 5+ years of experience in construction management with a commercial general contractor.
- Experience managing projects in the restaurant, gaming, hotel, spa and health club, or sports venue area a plus.
- Experience managing projects in a rapidly growing organization is critical
- Proven experience managing others is highly desirable.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Excellent communication skills.
About Shawmut Design and Construction:
Shawmut Design and Construction is a national construction management firm with offices in Boston, New York, Providence, Las Vegas, New Haven, Los Angeles, and West Springfield that builds exciting projects from coast-to-coast. Shawmut's main objective is delivering exceptional, personalized service to their clients. They accomplish this by truly listening to their client's goals and concerns as well as implementing comprehensive tools and services.
Shawmut's unique business model allows their project teams to better service their clients by focusing their specialized expertise within one of the following areas: academic, commercial, corporate interiors, cultural and historic preservation, healthcare and life sciences, hotels, gaming, restaurants, retail, spas and health clubs, and sports venues. This approach also has allowed them to diversify as a company, attract the best people, and cultivate a team of expert project executives, project managers, superintendents, and estimators.
Shawmut is 100% employee-owned which means each and every employee has a vested interest in the success of the company. It also means employees get to reap the financial benefits of being a part owner through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).