Shawmut Design and Construction - Project Executive (Luxury/Specialty Retail)
- Location: 11390 West Olympic Boulevard, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90064
- Full Time
Project Executive - Los Angeles Overview:
Shawmut’s primary objective is to deliver exceptional service catered to their clients’ specific goals and concerns. Their project teams deliver top quality work through a hands-on, collaborative process while keeping their clients’ best interests in absolute focus at all times. With specialized training and the support of a national company, Shawmut fosters project teams whose skill and dedication leads to deliberate, predictable and repeatable construction experiences that have attracted and retained the top clients in every market in which they focus. The most memorable construction experiences are based on one principle —it’s the people who make the difference. At Shawmut, they have the very best.
Shawmut is looking for a Luxury/Specialty Retail Project Executive to work with elite local and national clients. The project executive will lead several projects and project teams while achieving financial control and attaining profit goals for each project. This individual also contributes to the development and execution of goals and strategies such as seeking new clients, maintaining existing client relationships, and focusing on growth strategies and market focus. A Shawmut Project Executive is also responsible for leading team members to develop critical relationships by demonstrating and promoting effective relationship building throughout the company, with subcontractors, vendors and throughout the industry.
- Guide multiple jobs and multiple job teams operationally in each phase including pre-construction, construction, closeout, and post-construction services.
- Formulate and develop contract terms with clients and communicate to project team.
- Ensure that the project strategy is clearly defined and communicated and drive the strategy throughout job set up.
- Collaborate with Estimating and Purchasing in the up-front set up of projects to insure profitability, client satisfaction and the best subs for the job.
- Mentor and coach Senior PM's and project team to ensure their skills and capabilities are being developed by establishing annual performance goals for each direct report and ensure that goals are established.
- Develop and maintain client and industry relationships at the appropriate level reinforcing Shawmut's commitment to continuously address their needs and interests.
- Promoting positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors, and continually instilling this philosophy in the project team.
- Communicating effectively with field team members as well as keeping them active in decision-making.
- Uphold Shawmut Values and 16 Best Practices.
- 10+ years of experience in construction management with a commercial general contractor.
- Experience managing Luxury and Specialty Retail projects in a rapidly growing organization is critical.
- Proven experience mentoring and managing others.
- Must have ability to achieve and maintain financial control and profit goals for projects.
- Business development/heavy client interaction a plus.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Excellent communication skills.
About Shawmut Design and Construction:
Shawmut Design and Construction is a national construction management firm with offices in Boston, New York, Providence, Las Vegas, New Haven, Los Angeles, and West Springfield that builds exciting projects from coast-to-coast. Shawmut's main objective is delivering exceptional, personalized service to their clients. They accomplish this by truly listening to their client's goals and concerns as well as implementing comprehensive tools and services.
Shawmut's unique business model allows their project teams to better service their clients by focusing their specialized expertise within one of the following areas: academic, commercial, corporate interiors, cultural and historic preservation, healthcare and life sciences, hotels, gaming, restaurants, retail, spas and health clubs, and sports venues. This approach also has allowed them to diversify as a company, attract the best people, and cultivate a team of expert project executives, project managers, superintendents, and estimators.
Shawmut is 100% employee-owned which means each and every employee has a vested interest in the success of the company. It also means employees get to reap the financial benefits of being a part owner through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).