Shawmut Design and Construction - Sr. Project Manager (Luxury Retail)
- Location: 11390 West Olympic Boulevard, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90064
- Full Time
Sr. Project Manager (Luxury Retail) - Los Angeles Overview:
Shawmut’s primary objective is to deliver exceptional service catered to their clients’ specific goals and concerns. Their project teams deliver top quality work through a hands-on, collaborative process while keeping their clients’ best interests in absolute focus at all times. With specialized training and the support of a national company, Shawmut fosters project teams whose skill and dedication leads to deliberate, predictable and repeatable construction experiences that have attracted and retained the top clients in every market in which they focus. The most memorable construction experiences are based on one principle —it’s the people who make the difference. At Shawmut, they have the very best.
Shawmut is looking for a Senior Project Manager to work on extraordinary and cutting-edge projects with elite local and national clients in the Luxury and Specialty Retail business. A Senior Project Manager manages the project team by driving the growth and development of project team members while developing critical relationships with internal and external clients. This person will be a team leader responsible for numerous construction management related tasks including project execution, financial management, and delivering projects the Shawmut way while achieving financial control and profit goals for each project.
- Take an active role in and guide jobs and job teams in each phase including pre-construction, construction, closeout, and post-construction services
- Take a big picture view of strategy, risk assessment, and profitability and continuously communicate this view throughout the life of the project
- Identify and focus on critical issues related to constructability including associated costs and logistical issues
- Lead and manage multiple and/or larger, more complex projects with limited PX involvement
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all Shawmut financial processes, controls, and reports, i.e., internal budgets, costs to complete, billings, collections, subcontractor payments, change order preparation and resolution, contracts, etc.
- Ensure that jobs are completed according to schedule and meet profit goals
- Oversee the change order process to ensure the extras presented to the owner get approved and are fair
- Establish annual performance goals for each direct report
- Develop, nurture and maintain ongoing client, architect, subcontractor and industry (landlords, brokers, etc.) relationships at the appropriate level reinforcing Shawmut's commitment to continuously addressing their needs and interests.
- Work collaboratively with outside parties (i.e. the design team, etc.) to accomplish client goals
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors instilling this philosophy in project teams at all times
- Uphold Shawmut Values and the 16 Best Practices
- 10+ years of experience in construction management with a commercial general contracting company
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously as well as fast track projects
- Experience managing Luxury and Specialty Retail projects a plus
- Management and leadership experience, including experience mentoring project managers and assistant project managers
- Extensive experience maintaining project budgets and schedules
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- 50% travel required
- Candidate is expected to live a commutable distance to Shawmut's LA-based office
About Shawmut Design and Construction:
Shawmut Design and Construction is a national construction management firm with offices in Boston, New York, Providence, Las Vegas, New Haven, Los Angeles, and West Springfield that builds exciting projects from coast-to-coast. Shawmut's main objective is delivering exceptional, personalized service to their clients. They accomplish this by truly listening to their client's goals and concerns as well as implementing comprehensive tools and services.
Shawmut's unique business model allows their project teams to better service their clients by focusing their specialized expertise within one of the following areas: academic, commercial, corporate interiors, cultural and historic preservation, healthcare and life sciences, hotels, gaming, restaurants, retail, spas and health clubs, and sports venues. This approach also has allowed them to diversify as a company, attract the best people, and cultivate a team of expert project executives, project managers, superintendents, and estimators.
Shawmut is 100% employee-owned which means each and every employee has a vested interest in the success of the company. It also means employees get to reap the financial benefits of being a part owner through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).