Talon RPO – Account Manager and Sourcing Specialist
- Location: Vermont
- Territory: New England
- Full Time, Day Shift
Talon RPO has a new opening for an Account Manager and Sourcing Specialist who we wish to groom into our next great sales pro.
Talon has grown to a team of 6 using a hybrid application of 180° and 360° recruitment models, where I (as the founder) carry the responsibility for business development and marketing (180°), and the operations team focuses on search delivery shifting to business development when availability permits (360°). This arrangement has worked really well to date, but won’t get us to where we’re going.
The Account Manager and Sourcing Specialist will initially join the team with 360° recruitment responsibilities (sales and sourcing), but the intent of this search is to find the right individual who can grow with the company and become a 180° business development and marketing leader. Your success in this role will lead to the direct creation of three additional Relationship Management and Sourcing Specialist jobs in the State of Vermont, and indirectly contribute to many more.
What will your typical work day look like?
You will be recruiting on one to three permanent placement searches at any given point in time depending on a combination of factors including both personal and company-wide sales volume. Depending on where each project is in the hiring lifecycle, your recruitment activities may be focused on project initiation, sourcing, screening, interview coordination, project reporting, and/or project closeout including reference checks, salary negotiation, or assisting our clients in the development of the final offer. The balance of your time will be spent supporting Talon RPO’s business development and marketing efforts. You'll be directly reporting to Talon's Staffing and Training Manager with dotted line project reporting to your Engagement Manager and will be collaborating with clients throughout New England and beyond.
- Matchmaker – like matchmakers setting up two people on a blind date, modern recruiters have an innate instinct for mutual connection between teams and candidates. They know how to network and navigate skill sets, and hiring manager personalities and cultures to make a perfect match.
- Marketer – They think about jobs the way marketers think about products. They know how to craft the right story for the right audience, whether it’s for themselves or through employer branding promotions.
- Technologist – Modern recruiters know and love the recruiting innovations that have blossomed over the past decade. They know what tools work best, and are masters at how to use them.
- Salesperson – They are authorities at building a pipeline, nurturing leads, and closing deals. They have the people skills and negotiation acumen to win for both sides.
- Talent advisor – they are trusted advisors to their businesses regardless of their titles. They inform leadership of critical talent trends and have a seat at the table when key decisions are made.
- Data nerd – Modern recruiters live and die by the mantra, “If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it.” They know that numbers and data will not only help them make better decisions, but also earn the trust of others in their organization.
- Researcher – Modern recruiters don’t fly blind. They frequently flex their research muscles by researching candidate pools, employment and skill trends, and by staying up to speed on the competition.
- A four-year college degree or equivalent practical experience.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP and/ or Talent Acquisition Partner certification a plus (Will consider title of "Manager of Talent Acquisition Partnerships" if this and other qualifications are met).
- 3-8 years of experience in full-cycle recruiting (agency or corporate); with demonstrated success with marketing and/or sales responsibilities.
- Industry experience in healthcare, architecture/engineering/construction, IT, finance, marketing, manufacturing, retail, or energy a plus.
- Strong writing skills and a proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Familiarity and willingness to proactively engage with many forms of social media including but not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+.
- Highly competitive compensation – salary plus commission.
- On-target earnings: $75,000 to $125,000+ annually based on performance.
- Flex-time: craft a work schedule that matches your lifestyle.
- Opportunity to telecommute - work anywhere with a reliable phone and internet connection.
- Vacation/Holiday/Sick Time - 30 days of combined time off annually.
- Company sponsored health/vision/dental.
- Retirement – Simple IRA with up to 3% company match.
- Short term disability/$50k Term Life.
- Extraordinary sourcing and recruitment training and a technology package.
What is the company anticipated to look like in the next one to three years?
Talon RPO closed out 2017 (our second year in business) with a team of six talent acquisition specialists spread between Vermont and Salt Lake City. We've been operating at or just beyond capacity for all of 2018, and have placed a strong focus on training and technology in preparation for our next growth spurt. We have put funding partnerships in place to enable growth to a team of 25 talent acquisition partners and sourcing specialists by 2021.
What might your opportunities for promotion look like?
Starting on day 1, you will receive elite instruction from the same trainer responsible for developing talent acquisition teams at Facebook, Google, Ebay, and Apple among many others. As you achieve sales success, we will adjust your project load accordingly to ensure your time is spent doing what you do best. Our sales team is expected to grow in conjunction with our overall headcount which will lead to additional leadership opportunity, and there is no ceiling or cap on commissions beyond the limitations of what the existing project team can take on while continuing to provide a professional standard of care.
If you’re excited and intrigued by the idea of working with an early stage company, can handle the pros and cons of telecommuting, and have the chops to be a modern recruiter and sales pro, we want to hear from you. Interested parties should send a brief cover letter and resume to Matthew Burzon using the link below. No phone calls please.
Talon RPO is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Talon RPO does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.