Talon RPO – Relationship Manager and Sourcing Specialist
- Location: Vermont (residency required)
- Full Time, Day Shift
We are currently seeking a new Relationship Manager and Sourcing Specialist to join our rapidly growing Vermont-based talent acquisition team. If this interests you, read on!
What will your typical work day look like?
You will typically be running two to four permanent placement searches at any given point in time. Depending on where each project is in the hiring lifecycle, you could be spending your day on project initiation, sourcing, screening, interview coordination, project reporting, and/or project closeout including reference checks, salary negotiation, or assisting our clients in the development of the final offer. In between projects you will provide assistance with Talon RPO’s business development and marketing efforts. You'll be reporting to Talon's Engagement Manager and collaborating on projects in the United States, Canada, and French West Indies.
- Matchmaker – like matchmakers setting up two people on a blind date, modern recruiters have an innate instinct for mutual connection between teams and candidates. They know how to network and navigate skill sets, and hiring manager personalities and cultures to make a perfect match.
- Marketer – They think about jobs the way marketers think about products. They know how to craft the right story for the right audience, whether it’s for themselves or through employer branding promotions.
- Technologist – Modern recruiters know and love the recruiting innovations that have blossomed over the past decade. They know what tools work best, and are masters at how to use them.
- Salesperson – They are authorities at building a pipeline, nurturing leads, and closing deals. They have the people skills and negotiation acumen to win for both sides.
- Talent advisor – they are trusted advisors to their businesses regardless of their titles. They inform leadership of critical talent trends and have a seat at the table when key decisions are made.
- Data nerd – Modern recruiters live and die by the mantra, “If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it.” They know that numbers and data will not only help them make better decisions, but also earn the trust of others in their organization.
- Researcher – Modern recruiters don’t fly blind. They frequently flex their research muscles by researching candidate pools, employment and skill trends, and by staying up to speed on the competition.
- A four-year college degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-8 years of experience in full-cycle recruiting, marketing or sales.
- Industry experience in healthcare, architecture/engineering/construction, IT, manufacturing, or energy.
- Strong writing skills and a proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong interest in technical sourcing and recruitment.
- Competitive performance-based compensation package – salary plus commissions.
- Flex-time - craft a work schedule that matches your lifestyle.
- Opportunity to telecommute - work anywhere with a reliable phone and internet connection.
- Note that this role will require a home base in Vermont.
- Vacation/Holiday/Sick Time - 30 days of combined time off annually.
- Company sponsored health/vision/dental.
- Retirement – Simple IRA with up to 3% company match.
- Short term disability/$50k Term Life.
- Extraordinary sourcing and recruitment training and a technology package.
What is the company anticipated to look like in the next one to three years?
Talon RPO closed out 2017 (our second year in business) with a team of six talent acquisition specialists spread between Vermont and Salt Lake City. We've been operating at or just beyond capacity for all of 2018, and have placed a strong focus on training and technology in preparation for our next growth spurt. We have put funding partnerships in place to enable growth to a team of 25 talent acquisition partners and sourcing specialists by 2021.
What might your opportunities for promotion look like?
Starting on day 1, you will receive elite instruction from the same trainer responsible for developing talent acquisition teams at Facebook, Google, Ebay, and Apple among many others. If project management is your strength, you could be promoted to an Engagement Manager and Sourcing Specialist within a year or two. If sales is your jam, we'll adjust your project load as you grow your portfolio of accounts to ensure your time is spent doing what you do best.
Upon receiving a SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, or SPHR certification and obtaining the initial training certificate, we are giving our sourcing specialists the title of Talent Acquisition Partner. Engagement Managers with any of the certifications above will have the title Manager of Talent Acquisition Partnerships.
If you’re excited and intrigued by the idea of working with an early stage company, can handle the pros and cons of telecommuting, and have the chops to be a modern recruiter, we want to hear from you. Interested parties should send a brief cover letter and resume to Michelle Rawls using the link below. No phone calls please.
Talon RPO is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Talon RPO does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.