The Bagel Market: Baker
- Company: The Bagel Market
- Position: Baker
- Location: 30 Suzie Wilson Road, Essex Junction, VT 05452
- Shift: Full-Time, 4AM-10AM; additional hours available upon request
- Reports to: General Manager/Head Baker
About the Bagel Market:
Baking bagels in the Champlain Valley has been a Goldberg family tradition for over 60 years. We make our bagels the old fashioned way: we boil them in a kettle before baking them in a stone hearth oven. We only use all natural ingredients in our bagels and they are baked fresh each day. We promise that you will always receive the freshest, tastiest bagels when you visit Bagel Market.
Attention to detail doesn’t end with the bagels, though. At Bagel Market we also go to great lengths to provide the absolute highest quality in baked goods and dairy products. Our team of highly trained bakers meets seven days a week, before dawn, to prepare the cookies, muffins, soups, bulky rolls, flavored cream cheeses and loaves of bread that Bagel Market is famous for.
Whether you’re looking for a snack or feeding a large group, we have delicious food to meet your needs – and your budget. From hearty soups and sandwiches to gourmet cupcakes, there’s always something tasty waiting for you at Bagel Market.
Primary Duties: Perform the activities required to ensure high quality baked and prepared items.
- Ability to ensure high quality baked and prepared food products and to work closely with the management team.
- 1-3 years professional baking experience; bagel making experience a plus.
- Capable of maintaining a clean working environment that meets all health standards.
- Willingness to work early morning kitchen hours
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Mixing dough and making bagels among other foods including cookies, brownies, pastries, soups, etc. for the daily menu.
- Check products for quality and identify damaged or expired goods.
- Set oven temperatures and place items into hot ovens for baking.
- Combine measured ingredients in bowls of mixing, blending, or cooking machinery.
- Place dough in pans, molds, or on sheets and bake in production ovens or on grills.
- Set time and speed controls for mixing machines, blending machines, or steam kettles so that ingredients will be mixed or cooked according to instructions.
The Bagel Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).